As a volunteer, your responsibilities will include:
- Call the assigned teacher as soon as you receive the confirmation letter and materials.
- Exchange home, work, cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses with your teacher so you can communicate after the school/work day.
- Schedule a time with the teacher to make a short observation visit to the classroom.
- Plan the days and times of your lessons with the teacher at the observation visit or over the phone before the first lesson.
- Read and sign the Volunteer Conduct Policy. Return the signed portion to the Junior Achievement office.
- Obtain a class roster from the teacher to fill out nametags and certificates.
- Discuss class rules, student characteristics and classroom management with the teacher.
- Arrive on time and provide adequate notice to the teacher if you are unable to attend a scheduled lesson.
- Prepare lessons as outlined and complete all in a timely manner. Do not allow for more than 1 week to lapse between visits.
- Be a POSITIVE role model & work with your teacher to create an excellent program to benefit the students!
- Contact the JA Program Team if you are unable to reach the teacher.
- Contact the JA Program Team if you are unable to begin or complete your assigned classroom commitment.
- Contact the JA Program Team to confirm completion of the program.
Junior Achievement offers a series of online training videos that are designed to help you prepare and deliver JA programs in your community! Follow the link above to learn more and get started training!
What is a Junior Achievement volunteer? How do I participate? What topics will I teach? How much time is required of me? Find the answers to these questions and more at out volunteer FAQ page!
Interested in volunteering for JA? Please fill out the attached form and submit it to Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches & Treasure Coast, and we'll start working to pair you with a teacher!
We are always looking for passionate and dedicated volunteers! Please follow the link above to view specific volunteer needs. If you see a school or opening that is a good match, you can find teacher contact information on this page!